As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you are a Canon printer user, you may be familiar with the System Management PIN feature. This feature allows you to secure your printer and prevent unauthorized access to certain functions.
However, if you have forgotten your SMP or need to reset it for any other reason, don’t worry. Here is a guide on how to reset the Canon System Management PIN.
It is important to note that the steps to system manager PIN reset may vary depending on your printer model. Make sure to consult your printer’s user manual or contact Canon support for specific instructions.
What is the Canon System Management PIN?
The Canon System Management PIN (SMP) is a security feature that allows you to protect your printer and prevent unauthorized access to certain functions. The SMP is a numerical code that you can set and change as needed.
Canon System Manager PIN Reset: Step by Step
Here are the general steps to reset the Canon System Management PIN:
- Turn off the printer and unplug it from the power outlet.
- Hold down the Resume button while plugging the printer back in. Keep holding the button until the printer starts up.
- Release the Resume button when the printer starts. The printer should enter service mode.
- Press the Resume button again to enter the Canon System Manager PIN reset menu.
- Use the arrow buttons to navigate to the “Clear SMP” option and press the Resume button to select it.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the SMP reset process.
- When the process is complete, power off the printer and unplug it again. Wait for a few seconds before plugging it back in and turning it on.
There is another method that allows you to open the service mode directly. You might hesitate before trying it but there are the following steps:
- 1. Turn on your printer.
- 2. Now do it accordingly:
“Press Home Key” > “Press the middle between Home and Energy Saver Key” > “Press Stop” > “Sound Volume Key”
(6. Home Key, 7. Stop Key, 2. Volume Key)
- 3. This will take you to the “Service Mode”.
- 4. Then Go to “COPIER”.
- 5. Go to “Function”.
- 6. Go to “Clear”. It will give you some options. If you select ALL, then it will reset the System Manager PIN.
That’s it! You have now reset the Canon System Management PIN. Keep in mind that you will need to set a new SMP after resetting it. Make sure to choose a strong and secure SMP to protect your printer.
Why do I need to reset the Canon System Manager PIN?
There are a few reasons why you might need to reset the SMP:
- You have forgotten your SMP and cannot access certain printer functions.
- You want to change the SMP to a new code for security purposes.
- You are experiencing issues with the SMP and need to reset it to troubleshoot the problem.
Can I retrieve my forgotten Canon System Management PIN?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to retrieve a forgotten System Manager PIN. You will need to reset the SMP to a new code.
How do I set a new Canon System Manager PIN?
To set a new SMP, you will need to reset the SMP as described above. When prompted, enter the new SMP code that you want to use. Make sure to choose a strong and secure SMP to protect your printer.
Is it possible to disable the Canon System Management PIN feature?
It is generally not recommended to disable the SMP feature as it helps to secure your printer and prevent unauthorized access. However, it may be possible to disable the SMP on some printer models.
Canon is a well-known manufacturer of high-quality printers. Canon keeps the printers up to date by releasing a newer version every year. This is why many startups tend to buy used ones.
Many of the printers are System Manager locked and sellers don’t know the PIN. This is why this article will guide you to Canon System manager PIN reset.